1. To set up a Vendor go to the Vendor Center>click on the New Vendor drop down and then New Vendor
2. Enter the Vendor Name and complete all available information on the Address Info Tab
3. Click the Additional Info Tab and enter all available information
4. If you do not understand any of the items listed and what to fill in go to the QB Help Menu>click the search tab and enter the item name for an explanation of what you should fill in.
5. Account Prefill tab is if you want QB to default to certain accounts whenever you enter a form for that Vendor. You can change the default information on the form or just leave this blank
If you are using 1099 Vendors make sure you set up in preferences:
1. Go to Edit>Preferences>Tax:1099>Company Preferences Tab.
2. Click Yes and click the 1st "click here" to map your 1099 accounts.
3. In the drop down to the right choose "Show all accounts" and for any accounts you want to track for 1099 Vendors choose Box 7 on the drop down list to the right
3. In the Account drop down box check all of the accounts that you want QB to track for 1099 Vendors.
4. On each Vendor that is eligible for a 1099 go to Edit Vendor>Additional Info Tab>
5. Check the box for "This Vendor is eligible for 1099" and enter their EIN.