Monday, October 20, 2014
Sales Tax Setup and Use
You need to set up the sales tax item.
1. Go to Edit, Preference, Sales Tax
2. Click on the Company preferences tab.
3. Click Add sales tax Item>Create Sales tax items in the items list>make sure you have noted that you charge Sales Tax
4. Click the remaining preferences as applicable
5. Edit your customers to be taxable or non taxable
6. Edit your items to be taxable or non taxable
7. Add sales tax to the footer section of the invoice template.
8. When paying Sales Tax, always go to Vendor>Sales Tax>Pay Sales Tax
Your Customer Preference overrides the Item taxable status.
You will need to know your sales tax rate and agency.
Contact your state and local taxing authorities for that information.